A/V Lead Installer/Technician
HomeTronics Lifestyles is looking for a Full Time A/V Lead Installer/Technician. Must have audio/video installation experience, programming, and setup of A/V gear. Programming of Universal Remote Controls and Elan G System.
As a lead technician, you will be installing and integrating electronic systems such as home theater, home automation, media rooms, networking, audio/video, TV mounting, electronic shades, AV racks, low voltage wiring, and other electronic systems in a residential environment.
•Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair of analog and digital audio/video equipment. Service calls may include issues related to equipment, projectors, wall mounted displays, analog and digital switchers, and other audio equipment.
• Proficient at cutting, terminating, and/or installing of wires, cables and connectors.
• Efficient at reviewing and researching manufactures websites/manuals to determine best next steps for resolution of open issues.
• Perform software and firmware upgrades as required to correct problems encountered in the field.
• Perform preventative maintenance visits to help maintain stable system environment.
• Check functionality of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
• Responsible for all service call documentation: service tickets, client follow-up, RMA processing, and checklist pertaining to site visits and preventative maintenance checks.
• Maintain a broad knowledge of audio/visual technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Performs miscellaneous job related duties assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Three years’ experience working in Audio Video industry or Electrical industry.
• Three years’ experience working with networking & wireless communication devices
• Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record
• Clean background check and drug test
• Electrical low voltage license (or in the process of getting)
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Ability to think and work independently
• Strong client skills — ability to communicate in a timely and organized manner
• This position does have physical demands. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs., crawl under tables and behind Audio/Visual racks, etc.